Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Letter to Myself

God, give me the strength to get over Myself. I’m not speaking to Myself anymore. It’s negative, puzzling, abusive, and unkind. It blames the world for its own laziness and does not know how to adapt and make the best of every situation. Myself is selfish and self-absorbed. It keeps going back to analyzing its own traits and characters, virtues and fault, and is blinded by this perspective. It is unable to see beyond itself. Myself is defeatist. It lacks ambition and positivism and a joy of life. It wants to yell at my mom when it gets home, just because it knows that she can take it. It wants to complain to others, just because it wants to overwhelm others like it has overwhelmed me. But Myself is wrong. Myself doesn't understand that if it steps away from itself, it would see the other things on the horizon. Myself needs to move, and change, and stop being afraid of everything and everyone. Fear rules Myself just like Myself has ruled me. But I am strong, and I am ambitious, and I am driven and I will not let Myself blind me from seeing a better perspective. Myself is not I. And I am not Myself. Myself could go to hell, because I will do better. Today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment